Power of Ten - The PB Performance Card

One of the best running websites is Power of Ten where you can look through all of your races over the years. Looking at my performance card below it shows how my running has developed - from 2015-2017 doing only parkruns and going from just over 20 minutes to just under 19 minutes. Then slowly doing road races from 10k up to marathon. 

Power of Ten performance card
I thought it might be interesting to put my PB times into the WAVA calculator to assess which distance was my strongest.

"Age grading looks at world beating times set by people of all ages to work out what someone of your age and gender is capable of.

World class athletes score close to 100. The rest of us won't be so high, but you can use this tool to see which distances you've excelled at; and which ones need some work."
WAVA calculator
Below is a chart of my WAVA scores - this levels things up and shows, relatively, which my strongest distance (or softest PB).
WAVA analysis
Looking at this chart it tells me:
  • That 5k is my strongest distance
  • My 1mi, 3000m and 5000m track times are soft - need to sort them out next year - I haven't ran enough track
  • That I should be able to get around a 78% WAVA time on marathon (if the stars align) - so my target time for next year will be 2:53:00 (sounds a bit scary!)
Finally, interesting to see where a 17:23/83.6% parkrun puts me in terms of the UK rankings for 48+ year olds...

...161st is what RunBritain reports,

As a stretched goal now the aim is for a 17:00 5k/parkrun at 50 years old if I can keep on improving. This would give a 45th placing for M50+ across the UK - that's the dream. Let's see if I revisit this blog post in 2024!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The day before the marathon

Running goals for the year

Bamburgh - Half Marathon Route